Monday, January 29, 2007

Spotted

Cosmo and I were out for an evening walk last night. While he stopped for a sniff at a tree, my eyes wandered to a window that looked into a basement apartment.

I was only gazing for a second or two when a young naked woman walked into my field of vision. She immediately looked out the window, where she could see me, not my dog, peeking in like a pervert.

This whole event took no more than 4 seconds from sniff to peek to busted.

She lives half a block away from me, at least I assume she does. Maybe she was visiting her big boyfriend who is now going to be on the lookout for a guy in a big red winter coat who likes to stare into strangers’ windows.

Look, I like naked women as much as the next guy. They’re great.

But how much fun can a guy have catching 4 seconds of a naked woman while standing on a cold street in the middle of the city?

Well, it appears that the answer is not what you might think.

Several years ago my station started to look into a gang of peepers in this city. They knew all of the places to go, all of the prime real estate, to see people (men and women) getting dressed, in and out of the shower, all the stuff we do in our homes, when we don’t think anyone is looking.

Apparently, people might be.

Members of this gang, according to unconfirmed reports, would even climb up fire escapes and walk along rooftops in order to get the best views.

EEEwwww.

Again, I ask: How much fun can a guy have catching 4 seconds of a naked woman while standing on a cold street in the middle of the city?

All I can say is that I’m taking Cosmo on a different route for a while. I don’t want to run into the angry boyfriend… or a t.v. station doing a story on peepers and have them get the wrong idea.

No comments: